Grants and bursaries for your uni experience (yr 12-13, check your eligibility)
Want to know if you're eligible for any non-repayable grants or bursaries in your university years? you could be!
Wiltshire Community Fund is offering university bursaries up to £1,600 a year to pupils who need support with funding their higher education qualifications. you will be eligible if:
- You are under 25 years
- Have lived in Swindon or Wiltshire for at least two years
- You or your parents/ guardians receive at least two means- tested benefits or two elements of universal credit
- Are eligible for funding through student finance England
- Are studying your first undergraduate degree
What can I use my bursaries for?
This bursary could be used for:
- General living expenses
- Course costs
- Travel costs (excluding studying abroad)
- Books and equipment
Contact the grants team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on applying for this.
It also offers grants of up to £1000 to support the costs of vocational training for young
people aged between 14- 24 years. You can apply for a vocational grant if you:
- are aged between 14 and 24 years
- have lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for at least two years
- you, your parents or guardians receive a means-tested benefit
- are studying at school, college or sixth form or undertaking an apprenticeship
What could I use my grant for?
You could use your grant for:
- educational resources or equipment
- out of school activities which contribute to learning
- course related study or field trips
- IT equipment
- travel costs – in some circumstances
Please contact the same email email@example.com if you would like more information on applying for this.
If you would like to take a look at this fantastic opportunity yourself, please see the PDFs: