Wiltshire Police Cadet Recruitment 2021 (Yrs 9-13) - APPLY FROM 1/6/21 - 1/7/21
We currently have 4 Cadet units in Wiltshire operating in Chippenham, Salisbury, Swindon and Trowbridge.
What you get from being a cadet
• Receive a police cadet uniform • Enjoy a range of fun and challenging activities • Benefit from one-to-one guidance for further education and job interviews,
including with the police • Support your local community through volunteering • Work with Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), Police Officers and other
For more information please see attached PDF
To be able to join the Wiltshire Police Volunteer Cadet Scheme an individual must:
• Live in or go to school in Wiltshire.
• Be between 13 and 16 years of age at the start of the cadet year in September 2021 (individuals can remain a cadet until the age of 18)
• Not have committed a violent or sexual offence
• Not be, have been or become a member of, or engage in activities with, the British National Party or similar organisations, whose aims, objectives or pronouncements may contradict the duty to promote race equality.
We will have limited spaces on offer in our Cadet Units but are keen to prioritise individuals from vulnerable backgrounds or from hard to reach areas of the community. If you have any individual in mind who falls into either of the above categories, would benefit from the Cadets scheme and wishes to join please complete the attached application form and return it to Cadets@wiltshire.police.uk before 01/07/2021.
Please note that we will be unable to accept any applications that are returned after this date. If the referral is accepted applicants will be asked to complete a short second form confirming their personal details and emergency contact information.
Candidates who do not meet the criteria to be put forward as a referral case will need to complete the full application form that will be available to be downloaded from the Wiltshire Police Website from 01/06/2021 or on request from Cadets@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk
Please note that places on the scheme are not guaranteed and that all applications are subject to a selection panel. The cadet scheme is very popular and there are usually more applicants than there are available vacancies so I regret that some candidates may be disappointed.